There’s so much going on in Philly in the next few days! I’m not promising I’m going to make all (or any!) of these, but here’s a list of recommendations I thought I’d share in case you were looking for something to do. It’s a list that is a collection of my interests: food, art, science geekery, dancing and live music.
THURSDAY JUNE 28
- SOCIAL JUSTICE/ACTIVISM: Bread & Roses Community Fund’s Tribute to Change The annual gathering of cultural workers and activists by the local foundation that supports “change, not charity”
- FOOD/OUTDOORS:Night Market If you haven’t been to one yet you should really check this out. It’s a collection of food trucks and vendors and a fun outdoors vibe.
FRIDAY JUNE 29
- SCIENCE GEEKERY/MUSIC: The guys from Radio Lab, one of my favorite podcasts, are coming to the Kimmel to record a live show and bad ass Thao Nguyen will be there performing as well.
- DANCING: Legendary Philly DJ collective Illvibe throws a party called Bodyrock that is one of the few times I can be found breaking my early bedtime tendencies and tearing up the floor.
SATURDAY JUNE 30
- MUSIC: Arooj Aftab’s music is an unique cross between classical Pakistani music and a neo-soul jazz sound. She was named as one of the top 100 composers under the You can check her out at Twelve Gates Gallery this Saturday!