Are you an emerging or established Latin American or Latino/a filmmaker working in the US or abroad? The 2014 Filadelfia Latin American Film Festival has opened up their 2014 film festival for submissions from the public. Deadline is February 7, 2014. Details below and at www.flaff.org! Please help spread the word.
Open Call for film submissions
Submissions are due Friday, February 7, 2014
Late deadline Friday, February 28, 2014
The 2014 Filadelfia Latin American Film Festival, (FLAFF) is opening its first call for submissions for documentaries and short films to launch its inaugural LOLA Awards. In its inaugural year, the LOLA Awards will include a juried award for best documentary and one audience award for best short film (30 minutes or less). Each subsequent festival, FLAFF will alternate the focus of its call for submissions to include short and features films of different genres, including drama, comedy, science fiction, and animation.
FLAFF’s LOLA Awards will recognize and honor cinematic achievements in filmmaking that brings together all of the elements that make for a great film, including direction, acting, cinematography, and great script/writing and storytelling.
The LOLA Awards contest is only open to established and emerging creative Latin American and Latino filmmakers working in the United States or abroad.
ABOUT THE FILADELFIA LATIN AMERICAN FILM FESTIVAL
FLAFF’s mission is to showcase and nurture established and emerging creative Latin American and Latino filmmakers; to promote and celebrate the richness and diversity of Latin American/Latino cultures and experiences, and to foster cross-cultural understanding and dialogue.
FLAFF is the first and only festival in the region showcasing the extraordinary and innovative work of Latin American and Latino artists. Each year, the Festival includes screenings of ground-breaking works from all genres. Festival programs attract a diverse audience, developing a new space in the Philadelphia region where filmmakers, actors, producers can meet with other artists, engage with audiences and present and discuss innovative work.
- All submission requirements must be received by the deadline, Friday, February 7, 2014 (late deadline, Friday, February 28, 2014). No late submissions past the late deadline, Friday February 28, 2014 will be accepted. If mailing submissions, please note that your entries must be postmarked by Friday, February 7, 2014 (February 28, 2014) for consideration.
- Payment MUST be in ($) US dollars and may be made by check, money order, or credit cards. Checks or money orders MUST be in ($) US Dollars only and should be made payable to the FILADELFIA LATIN AMERICAN FILM FESTIVAL. International entrants who do not pay by credit card must use an international money order paid in ($) US dollars through a US bank. Payments must be made to the Filadelfia Latin American Film Festival.
- Format: Online screener via Vimeo, Youtube, or private website (password-protected or private link). If using password-protection, please provide password with online entry form. Please make screeners accessible until April 1, 2014. If you are submitting DVDs, please send three (3) copies. DVDs and additional materials may be submitted to the following address:
Filadelfia Latin American Film Festival (FLAFF)
LOLA Awards Competition
P. O. Box 40606, Philadelphia, PA 19107 USA
- Every precaution will be taken to safeguard all materials sent to the Festival but the Festival is not responsible for damage to submitted materials incurred by shipping to or from the Festival. The Festival will not return entries. All preview materials and submitted press/promotional materials if any WILL NOT be returned. ABSOLUTELY NO EXCEPTIONS WILL BE MADE.
- All films submitted in a language other than English must be subtitled in English for festival presentation but is not required for entry.
- Works in Progress will be considered. Please note that upon acceptance film makers must deliver final format for festival screening
- Entrants are responsible for obtaining any necessary licenses, royalties, release forms, clearances, and permits necessary to present their work. FLAFF is not responsible for any claim involving copyright, trademark, credits, or royalty infringement related to the work.
- WE WILL EMAIL YOU WHEN WE RECEIVE YOUR SUBMISSION. If you do not receive an email form us we did not receive your submission.
- Monday, December 9, 2013 – Submissions Open
- Friday, February 7, 2014 – Official Entry Deadline
- Friday, February 28, 2014 – Late Deadline
- Monday, April 7, 2014 – Winners Contacted
- Friday, April 26-Sunday, April 27, 2014 – FLAFF
- Sunday April 27 – LOLA Awards Announced at Festival Closing
ENTRY PROCESSING FEES
Official Entry Deadline: Friday, February 7, 2014
- Shorts: $15
- Features: $40
Late Deadline: Friday, February 28, 2014
- Shorts: $25
- Features: $50
Note: Entry fees are in U.S. Dollars, are per film and are non-refundable. FLAFF reserves the right to disqualify a submission, without refund of any kind, if eligibility requirements are not met including if eligibility status changes post-submission. Shorts are films 30 minutes or less, features are films greater than 30 minutes, but not exceeding 120 minutes.